Complain about a Councillor

All complaints about the behaviour of local Councillors (including a member of one of our parish or town councils) should be made directly to the Borough Council.

You must make your complaint in writing and say who the complaint is about and why you think that the Councillor has not followed the Code of Conduct for the Council in question.

Your contact details







Your address and contact details will not usually be released unless necessary to deal with your complaint.
However, we will tell the following people that you have made this complaint:

  • the Councillor(s) you are complaining about

  • the parish or town clerk (if applicable).

We will tell them your name and give them a summary of your complaint. We will give them full details of your complaint where necessary or appropriate to be able to deal with it. If you have serious concerns about your name and a summary, or details of your complaint being released, please complete the confidentiality section of this form.

Select next to continue.